The Second Triennial Olga Kern International Piano Competition concluded November 3, 2019 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Thank you for joining us! See you in 2022!
- This event has passed.
COMPETITION: Preliminaries 2019
October 28–October 29| Free
2019 Olga Kern International Piano Competition
October 28–29, 2019 / 9 am–9 pm
The National Hispanic Cultural Center
1701 4th Street SW
Join Us at the Event:
Watch Live Webcast:
Everything must be performed from memory and all printed repeats must be taken.
First Round/Preliminary Round (45 min. total):
1. One Prelude and Fugue by J.S. Bach (chosen from either book of The Well-Tempered Clavier) or two contrasting Scarlatti Sonatas.
2. Two contrasting Études chosen from the following:
- Frédéric Chopin: Op. 10 and Op.25
- Franz Liszt: Transcendental Études
- Sergei Rachmaninoff: Études-Tableaux, Op. 33 and Op. 39
- Alexander Scriabin: Études, Op. 42
- Claude Debussy: Études
3. One Sonata by Joseph Haydn, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, or Ludwig van Beethoven.
4. One short piece by Rachmaninoff chosen from the following:
- Morceaux de fantaisie, Op. 3
- Morceaux de salon, Op. 10
- Ten Preludes, Op. 23
- Thirteen Preludes, Op. 32
At the end of the Preliminaries, the Jury will deliberate and choose ten contestants who will advance to the Semifinal Round. The names of the contestants advanced to the Semifinal Round will be announced the same evening at the venue as well as via Facebook, Twitter, and email.