The 2019 Olga Kern International Piano Competition will be held October 27– November 3, 2019.
COMPETITION: Preliminaries 2019
October 28 / 9:00 am–9:00 pm UTC-6| Free
2019 Olga Kern International Piano Competition
Monday, October 28, 2019
The National Hispanic Cultural Center
1701 4th Street SW
Free Admission: general seating.
Everything must be performed from memory and all printed repeats must be taken.
First Round/Preliminary Round (45 min. total):
1. One Prelude and Fugue by J.S. Bach (chosen from either book of The Well-Tempered Clavier).
2. Two contrasting Études chosen from the following:
- Frédéric Chopin: Op. 10 and Op.25
- Franz Liszt: Transcendental Études
- Sergei Rachmaninoff: Études-Tableaux, Op. 33 and Op. 39
- Alexander Scriabin: Études, Op. 42
- Claude Debussy: Études
3. One Sonata by Joseph Haydn, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, or Ludwig van Beethoven.
4. One short piece by Rachmaninoff chosen from the following:
- Morceaux de fantaisie, Op. 3
- Morceaux de salon, Op. 10
- Ten Preludes, Op. 23
- Thirteen Preludes, Op. 32