It takes inspired people to make things happen, and you could be one of them.
The Olga Kern International Piano Competition attracts support from many people who lend their efforts in multiple areas. We are very fortunate to benefit from an organized body of volunteers who are working to make the operations of the Competition run as smoothly as possible. There are several volunteer opportunities that can be found at the Competition:
Volunteer to host competitors in your home.
In order to offer a personal feeling and a great New Mexico experience for our competitors, we are looking for people who are willing to host the competitors in their homes and help care for them for the period of their competition stay. Here are some requirements we think will make this a great experience for the visiting young pianists:
- Private room with semi-private bathroom
- Ideally, the host home would have a tuned piano for competitors to practice
- Prepare meals for the competitors
- Transport competitors to the competition location
We need help with various tasks at the competition venues and around town during the competition period in order to help things run smoothly. Here are some of the things we could use help with:
- Usher candidates and audience members
- Help provide food for Jury Members, Competitors, or whatever else might be needed
- Provide ground transportation for Jury Members and Participants
- Participate in organizing receptions and events at competition time as well as throughout the year.
Volunteers to host fundraising events during the year.
We are constantly fundraising so that we can accomplish all our goals for the competition, including raising the prize money and possibly increasing it in the future. Hosting a private concert in your home is a great way to give to the competition. This unique volunteering opportunity is a wonderful way to introduce your network of family and friends to the Olga Kern International Piano Competition, as well as getting to know people that share the same love of music that you do. Here are some of the things we feel might be needed for the private concerts in order to be successful:
- Ability to host events that can accommodate 40–100 people
- Provide/donate food and drinks for the fundraising events
- Provide a piano and tuning for the fundraising events
Please consider volunteering for the Olga Kern International Piano Competition. Besides the feeling that you are contributing to something great, you will have wonderful opportunities to meet international jury members and competitors and be a part of history making in New Mexico.
Our volunteer organization is led by Nancy Pressley-Naimark. Please contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about joining our volunteer organization.